WE ENTER 2019 HAVING THE SATISFACTION OF MANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2018
- In March we hosted a successful 2018 candidates forum where we had the opportunity to pose questions to and learn about the views of three candidates for Mayor and two candidates for DC Council on how they would approach providing affordable housing for all DC residents were they to be elected.
- In May we celebrated our 10th Anniversary with an event where we recognized the work of women who have made a major contribution to ending homelessness in DC.
- In early December we were honored to receive a $4,000 grant from the Diverse City Fund, our fourth.
- In December we held our 6th Annual Vigil to honor and remember DC residents who died during 2018 without having the dignity of a home.
- Also in December, after four years of hard work, we were thrilled to see the DC Council pass Bill 22-0223, Public Restroom Facilities Installation and Promotion Act of 2018 with two consecutive unanimous votes.
2019 BRINGS IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
- We are hard at work convincing the Mayor to include $336,000 in the FY 2020 budget to fund the first year of two pilot programs to increase access to clean, safe public restrooms for DC’s residents, workers, and visitors.
- This Spring we plan to carry out our 4th forum focusing on the universal right to affordable housing.
- We will be carrying out a retreat designed to examine how we can continue to grow and improve what we do with funds from the Diverse City Fund grant that we received in late 2018
- In December we will be organizing and carrying out our 7th Annual Vigil to honor and remember DC residents who died in2019 without the dignity of a home.